Drawing on our research and training initiatives, TSA has published several resources around the topics of communication, mental health, parenting and working with young offenders. The include:
Communication and Counselling
- Getting Through: Young People and Communication (1998). A resource pack to use in work with 14-18 year olds.
- Listening in Colour (2002). Interactive self-study material for counsellors.
- Working with young people (2002). A rich resource of training exercises that help develop interpersonal skills for working with young people. Accredited at Levels 2 and 3 by the Open College Network.
- A little bit of respect (2002). Video featuring young people talking about family, teachers, social workers, police and helping adults.
- Young People: Suicide & Self-Harm (2002). This publication brings together the main themes from training on suicide and self-harm and offers professionals a way of applying research findings to develop good practice with distressed young people.
- Understanding and Working with Young men in Custody (2003).
- Understanding and Working with Women in Custody (2002).
- Teenagers: a survival guide for parents (1996)
- Teenagers in trouble: skills for parents video (2000)
- Teenagers in the family video (2001)
These materials can be purchased from TSA, via our publications department.